Saturday, August 11, 2012

Poop...

(G) My class went to the saleyards for a field trip. The first thing that you'd notice was the stench... It smelled like cow poop, sheep poop, and lamb poop. I felt like throwing up there was so much poop! We even had to walk in poop and I wasn't sure what type it was but I didn't think I wanted to find out.

We also got to take a look at how they sell lambs, sheep and cattle. Then after that we went to a farmer's market and they had this really cool booth where they had a guy who would take potatoes and he'd put them through one of those slicing things you use for fruit and he had a drill attached to it and he stuck the potato on the giant pole and he activated the drill and he used the drill to push the potato through the thing and it made the potato come out in a curl on the stick thing, and he made it look like a swirl. Then he deep fried it and it was really cool. And gluten free!

I also got to buy a turnip and some apples. My sister also went on the same day as me. She is in a different class. We had to buy stuff at the farmer's market and trade with people to make deals.

(C) At the market in Feilding I bought soap, flowers, and apples. I teamed up with Daisy and we had to go around doing a scavenger hunt. We each had two dollars. We had to buy the best deal. We put our money together, and we had to buy the deal.

On Sunday my mom and I went to the farmer's market and bought a lot of stuff then we went to the super market and bought tamarillos, which are tree tomatoes. Then after that, we went to the movie rental store to go get Barbie and the Mermaid's Tale 2.











1 comment:

  1. Great photos, kids! And I love the title of your post. I couldn't resist reading it with a title like that, could I? Anyway, sounds like you're having a great time and learning a lot! Stay in touch...

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete