Wednesday, July 18, 2012

school

This is Griffin my school here is a multiple room school and the rooms are not joined. I am liking the fact that school starts at 9a.m. and ends at 3p.m. I have met lots of new people and having  a great time. One of the greatest things about the school is that it has its own artificial soccer turf. I get to play it every day at our one hour lunch (my first day it felt like forever!) and I usually play for goalie because I've been making some really good saves. Earlier today I made a really cool save, but to make that save I had to slide and get kicked. I have been getting kicked in some painful spots, on accident of course, occasionally.

My teacher is named Mr. Bell so I don't even need to remember different initials! Well, I can already tell you that fifth grade is fun and hard. I have to do math problems which are like literal mess-with-your-brain. Well, actually it's sort of easy because we do a lot of fun activities rather than hard activities. Making cards because Mr. Bell wanted us to and plus we got paid class dollars. For a hundred class dollars you can change your seat in the room--you can pick your seat. And the Year 6s have a big auction where you can buy stuff using class dollars. Sort of like in 3rd grade. I'm a Year 6. The way they work their system for elementary is by years. Kindergarten is called Year 1. First grade year 2, and so forth, up to 5th grade.

I've made friends with my whole class. Everyone thinks that it's intriguing that I'm not from New Zealand and they find my accent sort of odd. My class is a bit odd. One of the things that I don't like that they do is occasionally tackle each other during morning tea. Like actually wrestling with each other. How they get away with this is they get twenty minutes for a snack and the teacher leaves the room for that, so they get away with tackling each other.

Oh yeah, I got a new guitar. It's really nice. It's all metal strings, it's got a hard case, my guitar teacher teaches me in school time so I'm happy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Griffin. I've had your nice Thank You note next to my computer since you left but this semester has been so crazy I just now taken time to look at your marvelous pictures. I just wanted you to know that this next year I will be offering a piano lab in every grade as well as choir class. Orchestra will also be offered for 7th and 8th grade, I think. If the numbers aren't high enough it may be dropped, I'm not sure.
    Enjoy the rest of your time and we'll look forward to seeing you in the fall. Sorry, no guitar class offered!

    ReplyDelete