Thursday, July 19, 2012

My World (Corin)

Off with his head! says my hat.

Worrrrrrd.

Fun in school...

I'm locked in a cage!

I'm having fun, so don't worry about me.
Dear Everybody,
I would like you to know that New Zealand is a fun place and a warning to all of you: pants actually means underwear here! So don't say it in New Zealand. People will laugh. It's really fun and I'm having computer time and video time but there's only problem... we don't have a video player. It broke on our second day! So we can't watch movies, which is a bummer. We've been going to school and it's very fun. I just had my fourth day. I'm very excited for the next day. My teacher is Mrs. Tremaine. She is like a sweet peach on a peach tree. She is SO nice. I do all sorts of things in class. Mostly math and spelling. We get an hour of lunch and twenty minutes for morning tea at school. In morning tea is where you just have a little snack. On the lunch break we get to do recess. Griffin gets to play soccer and I get to play tag or hide and seek with my friends. My friends are named: Emily, Marama, and Selena. They're my friends because Emily was the first one to show me around, Selena I met, and Marama--Emily told me that she is her friend. Niners are when you get pieces of paper with numbers on it and you can spend that money on popcorn and candy for a movie but you can also spend it on other different things... You earn niners by being quiet, listening, or even doing a good deed. They're called niners because I'm in room 9! Griffin's in room 6. They call them "class dollars."

We got scooters and we scootered all around the place. We went to school on our scooters yesterday and today. Most of the kids went on their scooters. We put our scooters on the end of the deck then we go inside. One day, it was a holiday, for school, and our dad video taped us on our scooters. We can show you the video (right after this commercial...!).

I had my piano lesson today. It went very well. If you ask me. My teacher is named Chris. Chris has a very loud voice but sometimes he has it soft. I think there's a mute button on him somewhere. He is very nice. He helps me. I have piano IN THE MIDDLE OF SCHOOL! Chris comes and gets me before lunch and when the lunch bell rings, I end my session with him. Then I go and get my lunch that's in a room with my backpack, my boots and my jacket. What's weird about school is that they sell lollies at school. Isn't that WEIRD? I hope you enjoy the school year. I will be back in the middle of school for you guys of course. Not for me. I'll be ending school, but then I'll come back and end school again!

Griffin has an amazing knack for sports. Sometimes I go and watch him. Well, I only did that once. But still, I go and watch him. He is very good. He plays goalie and defender. I've seen his team. They go WELL together! Griffin he is AWESOME.

We picked lemons off of our lemon tree. We squeezed and made lemonade. And we have a neighbor and our lemon tree grows over onto our neighbors' and they get lots of sunlight and their lemons are quite good although we haven't had any, but they look very good.  We have seen them, Griffin and I. We stood on a very old stump and Griffin almost slipped but we stayed on. And we looked at how good our neighbors' lemons were. Well, they're really ours... but still, the lemons were good.

I've had gymnastics. I just did my second with team, and my third time being to the gym. I did one of my gym days with the bigger girls. They were like well, here they call them Steps, but we call them Levels. They were on like Step 4 or 5.

5 comments:

  1. I am so excited to see your blog! Sounds like you are having SO much fun! And Corin! WHERE DID YOU GET THAT HAT?! I must have one! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! (We got the hat from Hastings...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Corin. This is Lucy. I like hearing about New Zealand. I'm glad you are in New Zealand. It is sunny and really hot here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lucy! Well, it is really cold over here. And I want to go home so I can see you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi griffin it's me Dain and when are you going to be a movie star?

    ReplyDelete