Saturday, March 1, 2014

Lapland Day 2: Ounasvaara Ski Fields

This was the backyard of the place we stayed in and it had about 3 feet of snow.

The ski field was walking distance from our B&B.
This area was cross country skiing highway.
This is the lift that brought us to the top of the hill. I was bringing a sled up the hill and G was snowboarding.




This was the first time I've snowboarded and I found that I loved it. We also had a ski lesson but we didn't get pictures because the photographer (mom) was also on skis! I preferred snowboarding to skiing so much that I traded out the skis we rented for a snowboard.
I am a SPEED DEMON on a sled! On this sled it's basically two skis with a half ski in the middle and you can steer it.




I didn't fall down on one of their big slopes.


No comments:

Post a Comment